How to decorate with a Contemporary style? Be inspired by this contemporary living room design in the Chocolate Brown Color Trend
The unofficial colour of the year in both fashion and furniture – Chocolate Brown keeps getting more and more delicious as months go by.
The warm minimalist colour palette takes us on the journey of discovery where we get to explore different shades of (once a hard-sell) brown.
From raw, unpolished, and earthy vibes, to contemporary luxe, the chocolate brown colour trend brings natural and understated flavour to interiors of all styles.
Providing anchor, brown helps us stay on track with our post-pandemic priorities – reconnecting with nature and living more thoughtfully.
Contemporary Living Room design in Chocolate Brown
For many, thinking of brown in interior design brings to mind the aesthetic of the ‘70s. Others see a picture of robust antique pieces ideal to revamp.
I wanted to paint a contemporary picture.
A modern global look with a European signature – or let’s call it a luxurious textural haven.
In this dance of materials, soft handwoven wool-cotton and velvet throw pillows meet a streamlined origami wall lamp. Linen curtains warm up the monolith marble coffee table, while the Pierre Jeanneret armchair sits as the cherry on top next to the fabulous Mirrora commode.
Horizontal lines and low furniture keep the body well-grounded and comfortable, and the style of this living room pretty contemporary. The geometry creates order. Lush fabrics remind us to stay gracious and kind. While the organic and handcrafted finishes underline the urge to embrace the imperfect in ourselves, others and our stories.
Would you give it a go?
|| Be inspired by brown:
Chocolate Brown furniture and decor
- 2-pack Linen Curtain Panels, HM Home | approx 88 euros
- Turkish Kilim Throw Pillow, Hundred Bucks | approx 16 euros
- Cinnamon Slubbed Velvet Cushion Cover, Art Senne | approx 24 euros
- Large Abstract Painting, Minimalist Painting | approx 135 euros
- Shibui Wall lamp Standard, Le Klint | approx 838 euros
- Cosima 2-units, Bolia | approx 5173 euros
- Ugo La Pietra “Inner Strength” Vase #3, 1st Dibs | approx 1534 euros
- Spotted Ceramic Vase, Anthropology | approx 11 euros
- Plinth Low Coffee Table, 2 Modern | approx 2045 euros
- Fruit Bowl, Ettore Sottsass | price upon request
- Pierre Jeanneret Kangaroo Low Armchair, 1st Dibs | approx 4300 euros
- Mirrora Tv Stand, Floem | price upon request
- Pendle Hill slabs, Cambria | price upon request