Decorating with Purple :
Be inspired by the Millennial Mauve furniture and decor we choose to decorate home with the purple color trend
Over the past couple of seasons, while we were busy obsessing over Millennial pink, the colour purple has been slowly but firmly working its way into the trending colour schemes. According to many fashion forecasters, in fact, purple is set to dethrone soon pink as a color trend.
What started as a subtle hint in 2016 has grown to become the polarising colour of the year in 2018 (Pantone Ultra Violet, anyone?) and eventually softened into a delicate Mauve we all recognize and love today.
|| Be inspired: How to Decorate with Purple at home
Why going for the Mauve color trend?
The colour purple has always been a bit controversial and definitely not everyone’s cup of tea as it tends to come off as too daring and prominent in some environments. But this is not the case with Mauve.
What makes Mauve so universally accepted is its graceful, romantic character and the fact that it plays well with the rest of the popular interior colors including pink, classic blue, pale blue, mustard yellow, cream yellow, coral, fir green, pistachio green, seashell white and teal.
Mauve is a soft and dreamy colour. It stands for femininity, elegance and an unconventional spirit. Unlike its vibrant purple predecessor, Mauve is an artistic and exploratory, rather than an attention-seeking shade.
Yet, despite its tender and old-fashioned soul, the Mauve colour trend is rapidly taking over the design scene. From dusty greyish and all the way to sweet pastelly (almost neon) shades, people are accepting Mauve as an open invitation for bringing more colour and joy into their lives.
With this mood board, I aim for the recovering minimalists. For those who are holding on to the monochrome contemporary look, yet feel attracted to the warmth of the trendy Millennial Mauve. I used colour and rounded furniture edges to soften clean geometric lines and streamlined details. Nostalgia driven, the rug and the hand woven panel are used to layer time and texture. The mood is both peaceful and playful, eclectic and minimal.
Most definitely out of my comfort zone, but still feels welcoming and safe, doesn’t it?
Decorating with Purple Ideas
Millennial Mauve furniture and decor
Mood board made with SampleBoard
Decorating with Purple Ideas
illennial Mauve furniture and decor
/ Shop Online
- Decorative Murano Glass Disc Form Pendant Lights, 1stDibs | approx 1350 euros
- Stable 3 print, Norsu Interiors | approx 100 euros
- Female sketch forms No2 poster, Desenio | approx 11 euros
- Consolation duo, Crossing Thread | approx 2500 euros
- Totem floor lamp by Sabine Marcelis, Side gallery | price upon request
- Parlor sofa, West elm | approx 1200 euros
- Flower vase, Marimekko | approx 50 euros
- Tavolo Morbido soft table, Studio Mignone | approx 2150 euros
- Floria velvet chair, Urban Outfitters | approx 300 euros
- Mainland Light by Sebastian Herkner, The Rug Company | approx 137 euros per sq ft
- Memphis vase rose, Marmoset Found | approx 50 euros
- Citrus Valley scented candle, Black Blaze | approx 30 euros
- Dusty rose throw pillow, Society6 | approx 18 euros
- Mirage cushion Leaf, Ferm Living | approx 65 euros