If you are looking for something original and unpredicted, you will be for sure inspired by the Modernico Italian style trend.
Far from the Scandinavian minimalistic approach and way different from bohemian atmospheres, Modernico overcomes all limits and rules; it inspires a fusion of the ancient and the modern.
“Modernico” is a neologism that indicates a new Italian style and trend at the same time. Modernico brings together a mix and match of styles from different times within a contemporary minimalistic twist.
Let’s dive into and find out how we can incorporate the new Modernico Italian style into our homes.
Modernico Italian Style Trend
1/ Mix & Match
The key feature of Modernico interiors is their eclectic approach to different ages and influences. The style mix and match the ancient and modern by playing with opposites. Modernico draws inspiration from:
- Art Deco from the 20s
- Italian modernism from the 50s ( think about La Dolce Vita style )
- the Italian Memphis design from the 80s
- metaphysical paintings atmospheres and colours from Italian painter Giorgio de Chirico
2/ Bold colors
Modernico aesthetic is about bold statements and therefore bold use of colors. To decorate an interior inspired by Modernico, you can explore combinations of black and white with daring colors such as:
Another key feature of the Modernico i interior style is the mix of geometrical shapes. You can explore clean lines and geometric shapes in both coverings and furniture to achieve a sophisticated decor with a contemporary twist.
4/ Materials & Finishing
To wrap it up and achieve a perfect Modernico look and feel, besides matching styles, colors and shapes, make sure to create a balance between different materials such as:
- highly decorative marbles
- metallic accents in gold and brass
- precious and rich fabrics (e.g. : velvet )
- polished finishes
5/ Don’t forget about pattern!
Finally, to create an interior truly inspired by Modernico Italian style, do not forget to play with different patterns. Do not be afraid to mix small patterns with big ones, to combine different geometries, floral motifs, dots and chequered motifs. You can find a lot of inspiration in the works of some Italian design studios such as dimorestudio, Studiopepe and Marcante Testa.
|| Be inspired by Italian interiors & design:
- Top Italian design magazines to read now
- 10 Chic Coffee table Books about Italian Design
- Interior Style Trends : The new Italian Modernism
- 10 Top Italian Design Kitchens to be Inspired
- Italian Style Kitchen : How to get the style
- Best Italian designers according to the World Design Ranking
- Italian Interior Design : 10 ideas to steal from Italian style homes
- 3 new Italian Style Trends for interiors and where to shop for Italian furniture in Milano
- Italian design trends 2020 from Milano furniture fair Salone del Mobile
- 10 Italian furniture brands from Milano Salone del Mobile 2019
- Italian Bathroom Design new Color Trends for 2020
All images Davide Buscaglia x ITALIANBARK