Decorating with Classic Blue Interior Design / Furniture + Home Decor in Pantone 2020
After years of selecting bold, provocative hues, often challenging to implement in interior colour schemes, this time the Pantone Colour Institute went for a classic. Classic Blue – to be more precise.
Heralding the start of a new decade, Pantone colour of the year 2020 – Classic Blue comes as a promise of calm and bright days ahead. As global unrest continues to grow and we find ourselves feeling lost in our ever-changing, fast-paced, high-stress, increasingly digital lives, we seek comfort in the familiar.
Classic Blue is a universal shade. The one that continues to stay relevant across all eras and design tastes. No matter their personal preferences, eventually everyone makes peace with Classic Blue.
Well, it’s no wonder! Evocative of honesty, trust and stability, Classic Bluee speaks of peace, clarity and mindfulness. Reassuring and reliable, it taps into nostalgia to draw optimism and wisdom of the past to help us build a better world.
|| Be inspired: COOL COLOR TRENDS FOR 2021 STARTING FROM PANTONE 2020 CLASSIC BLUE
Powerful enough to be used as a standalone colour, the Pantone Classic Blue can also be a fabulous team player. Paired with white, mauve, red, grey, tobacco, blush, and more, we can expect to see many refreshing colour combos starting from Pantone colour of 2020 in the months ahead.
Furniture in Pantone Classic Blue is known to land spades of character into any space. In this mood board I used a lavish velvet sofa and an armchair to tell the story of the old-world elegance, but with an edge. The blue-and-white porcelain vase introduces yet another layer of history into the picture, while the Matisse print (one of the microtrends of the moment) shows how easily hints of modernism can blend with more traditional references.
However, I would say that geometry and Oriental influences are key here. By bringing forward the exoticism and flirtatiousness of the ethnic pieces and contrasting them with a sheer blend of styles and influences, I wanted to show how powerful and forgiving, yet highly playful Classic Blue can be.
It works, doesn’t it?
|| Be inspired:
Pantone 2020 Classic Blue Furniture + Home Decor
Decorating with Classic Blue Interior Design
/ Shop Online
Mood board made with SampleBoard
Decorating with Classic Blue Interior Design / Shop it
- Tiffany Contemporary floor Lamp, 1stDibs | approx 2500 euros
- Matisse Poster Print, Etsy | approx 30 euros
- Handcrafted Moroccan Metal and Blue Glass Lantern, 1stDibs | approx 225 euros
- Waterfall Inlay Console Table, Anthropologie | approx 1170 euros
- Velour Indigo Cushion, Dunelm | 6 euros
- Margo Navy Sofa, Meridian Furniture | approx 855 euros
- Cobalt Blue Ostrich Table Lamp, 1stDibs | approx 1900 euros
- Vase Casilla, Kare Design | approx 35 euros
- Cylinder Pillow, OYOY | approx 53 euros
- Fira coffee table, Freedom | approx 970 euros
- Swoon Lounge Chair, Lekker Home | approx 2750 euros
- Velvet Grandma Fringed Pouf Foot Rest, Bloomingville | approx 82 euros
- Augustine Collection Rug, Safavieh | approx 150 euros
- Pamrapo Coffee Table Tray, Joss and Main | approx 65 euros