Yellow tends to be a very polarizing colour. While some people experience a mild panic attack by the very thought of introducing yellow into their homes, some swear by its optimism and energizing nature, and wouldn’t trade it for the world. No matter what group you feel more related to, you must have noticed the yellow wave that’s been making rounds in the recent fashion and home decor collections. Not to mention your Instagram feed. Read more about the Lemon Yellow trend in this post.
Summer home decor in lemon yellow
Lemon Yellow comes as one of the most cheerful and bubbly forms of Gen Z Yellow. Together with Mustard Yellow it evokes the nostalgia of the bygone days but still feels fresh and powerful enough to colour our homes for the future. It sings about confidence and empowers us to embrace a more positive mindset while providing us with a much-needed daily energy boost.
It’s bold. It’s flashy. It’s sunny. It’s youthful. It’s everything but dull. It’s also perfect for a summer home decor.
Is it for everyone? It should be. Obviously, not in the amount you can see in this mood board, but I am sure that the Lemon Yellow holds a special place in the hearts of each and every one of us. Some already found it and some are still looking. But sooner or later they will get there.
I have to confess – it happened to me too. I wasn’t that much into yellow until 3 years ago. But being a sucker for the pink and green colour combo, it was just a matter of time when I was to become addicted to yellow too. As months go by, my favourite pastel yellow shades are starting to lean towards more saturated and vibrant part of the spectrum – to Lemon Yellow.
How about you? Do you have warm feelings towards the Lemon Yellow colour trend?
Summer home decor in lemon yellow / Shop Online
- Warm Golden Yellow Wallpaper, Art Nouveau Lotus By Micklyn, Spoonflower | approx 50 euros
- Dolly hanging lamp, BSweden | approx 306 euros
- Y hook rack, SMD | approx 165 euros
- Art print Nastya2 by Nadiia Cherkasova | approx 50 euros
- Lou Wall Hook, Hartô | approx 18 euros
- Sofia Armchair – Yellow, RJ Living | approx 1005 euros
- Sprinkle mug, Bolia | approx 14 euros
- Tealight holder, Holmegaard | approx 20 euros
- Around Coffee Table small, Muuto | approx 349 euros
- Birds by Toikka Mari Oiva Toikka, iittala | approx 290 euros
- Mug 33cl Lemonade, Royal Copenhagen | approx 24 euros
- Colour Carpet, Hay | approx 636 euros
- Knut wool plaid, Klippan | approx 70 euros
- Wire Table Lamp by Verner Panton for Verpan | approx 840 euros
- Path flowerpot, Boila | approx 17 euros
Tell me, how would you describe this mood board? I would really love to know.
I would go for: youthful, artsy, feminine, attention-grabbing lemonade.